Saturday, September 10, 2016

Where is it? Where's

My Favorite Coffee Cup!


I have this dilemma every morning. Every time, every morning, I’m stuck trying to figure out which coffee cup I should use?



Will I be out and about?

Should I grab my stainless steel traveling mug?

Will this be a lazy weekend day? Should I grab my oversized cup or my small one? Damn it…where’s my old reliable? Working? Need a big one….wait it’s Saturday….where’s my mug?

This is me, as I peer into the abyss of my coffee cup filled cabinet. Lost in a few moments of…..”Where’s my freaking cup?!”

We all have that one, special, just yours, nobody else can use it, coffee cup. That one and only, everyday brethren of welcoming day, mug of glory!

Few of us have the selection I have, lurking in my morning, a midst my coffeemaker button pushing, clock zoning out, bathroom running, awakening start, I stumble into Columbia’s Coffee Cup University…kind of like a quick brain jog while your half awake, recognizing the cup you desire, in the gloomy AM dim, sometimes tucked too far back, leading you to taking out cups as quietly as possible, in order to reach it....tiredly clanging them together no matter how hard you try.

I stare at an intimidating amount of choices in sizes, colors, shapes, and technologically advanced options. I have a Stanley thermos mug that can keep my coffee hot all day long, a bone china mini cup, a bunch of Christmas mugs, and one cup that a person could make soup for 8 in. Somewhere in between there lurks my mug. It’s unique. It’s made out of ceramic. Unlike the few others in my cabinet made from glass, clay, steel. China. Paper?

Which one is the one? Which cup is my go to cup? Which cup or mug, should it ever break, be missed like a runaway pet? Like a lost best friend in the Himalayan mountains… Hmmmmm….. where is that #@$&#@& cup?


Yeah that’s my baby. Chipped up like it survived several falls to its death. Spider cracked. Superglue applied handle.

A fucking snowman with a big orange carrot nose. A white skinny Xmas tree. Red like a stocking.

Hand painted Christmassy ornamentation, warm in my hand in the middle of May? Yep. That’s my favorite coffee cup, all season long, unless of course, I’m heading outdoors.

Then, well…Snowman cup stays home and Stanley comes with.

What’s your favorite coffee cup look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment