Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chef and Restaurant Consultant Fees

Culinary Consultation & Restaurant Consultant Fees




Basically there is three ways to go about sequestering and using a consultant.
  • Brain leasing: Basically just as this says. You lease someone with great knowledge and pick their brain. When you hire a consultant to do this, they typically don't get their hands dirty. What they do is offer you a valuable "Data Base" to extract knowledge from. You can have them at meetings to speak with you and your investors, or employees, or just call upon for their expertise and help when you need it. The fees for this are Basically done on a flat fee scale. If you were to hire me for Brain leasing, I would ask for a retaining fee of $5,500.00 for a 40 hour one week session. Contact Chef Jeff
  • In Person Consultation: This is normally on a contract basis. Whereas you would hire a consultant to work for you, and with you, but they are not an employee. They are there to do a job, yes, but they are not under the same rules of an employee. They solve problems, fix cost issues, train employees, and work to help you reach your goals. A contract can go on a weekly to Monthly basis. There are usually upfront costs associated with hiring a consultant in this way, they may ask for travel expenses, hotel expenses, and material needs to train your employees, or adjust concerns. Typically if you hire a Restaurant Consultant to Train your employees, that is exactly what they do. They are not there to move furniture, or clean out deep fryers. Typical fees and costs are based upon the individual Consultant. I for an example, charge for a One Month Consultation, my travel expenses, and hotel expenses upfront, and the fee for 1/2 of my Contract upon arrival. One Month of my time is worth $15,500.00. Remember your paying for knowledge, and expertise, work, and for the effort combined.
  • Seminar Training: This is when a consultant, such as myself comes in and trains your staff. This could be designed fully around what type of training is needed. For an example, lets say your having Sanitation Issues, a Chef Consultant could easily train your staff on a flat fee based on the training needed. In this case, first there would be a educational day, and a training day, and a observation day, not always in that order. Typically I would charge $3,500.00 plus travel and hotel expenses for a three day session.
  • I do a Consultant Package I refer to as my Undercover Operations Consultation. If you really want to know what is going on in your establishment, hire a undercover consultant to work along side of your employees. You would not believe the things going on in an establishment under the nose of an owner when you hire someone as an Undercover Consultant. Drug use, food abuse, employee abuse, theft, and other problems are revealed during this type of consultant work. It also gives owners a real inside look at the way things are being done, why there are food complaints, health issues, and an assortment of problems get uncovered. I answer to the people who hire me, nobody else. Normally the undercover aspect runs for a little more than a few weeks to a month or longer, then I give the report over to you, with suggestions of the next actions you should take. Following the result of my investigation, I would then come back and do what I do best, and clean up, and train your employees, hire replacements and pick up the slack where needed, until things are back on track. This is a contracted fee, with all travel expenses, and hotel needs paid up front. Typically 1/2 my fees are paid on arrival and the remainder at the finish of my undercover job, in this package I run a $15,500.00 a month fee as I do the undercover work. In this case you are paying for my expertise, knowledge, and my hard work uncovering your issues.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete